Five Things this Weekend + the Sandy Springs Festival
The weekend's headliner, the Sandy Springs Festival, is joined by five other fun possibilities for this weekend.
- Sandy Springs Festival. Not only does the festival feature more than 600 artists, crafters, entertainers and vendors but you can also enjoy a 5K or 10K run, learn about Sandy Springs and the Civil War, and bring your pets out for the annual Kiwanis Pet Parade. Festival hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday at Heritage Sandy Springs, 6110 Blue Stone Rd NE. Cost is adults, $5; youth, $3; children 5 and under and HSS members free.
- Darius Rucker. Don’t missCountry star and previous lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish, Darius Rucker, performing with Sunny Sweeney, 8 p.m. Saturday at Chastain Park.
- Comedian Maz Jobrani. Known for his role as “Moly” in Ice Cube’s “Friday After Next” and for various TV roles, Maz Jobrani will be at The Punchline, tonight through Saturday. Visit the website for showtimes and ticket prices.
- Noises Off. Act 3 Productions Presents "Noises Off", a play-within-a-play farce where the action backstage is as hilarious as the dreadful play being rehearsed and performed onstage. Suggested for audiences age 14 and above, there will be performances at 8 p.m. through Saturday and 3 p.m., Sunday, at Act 3 Playhouses, 6285 Roswell Rd NE.
- Halfway to St Patrick’s Day Party. It's never too early for Shamrocks! Meehan's Public House, 227 Sandy Springs Pl NE, is hosting their first-ever “Halfway to St Pat’s Party” 1 p.m. to 2 a.m., Saturday. The badminton tournament starts at 1 p.m. with live music by Iron Mullet starting at 9 p.m.
- Reality Star K-VON. The star of MTV’s hit show "Disaster Date," K-von, will be sharing his hilarious hidden-camera talents in his standup comedy routine, 8 p.m., Sunday, at The Punchline.