Invite a friend
Wit in Wood: The Folk Art of Moses Robinson
Moses Robinson (1845-1942) began whittling late in life. From animals to dancing couples, he carved the world around him in miniature. Wit in Wood is the first exhibition of his work.
|Where||Heritage Sandy Springs Museum 6075 Sandy Springs Cir NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328|
|Time||11:00 am–2:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Phone||404-851-9111 x 2|
|Price||$3 adults, $1 children and seniors|
More About Heritage Sandy Springs Museum
Heritage Sandy Springs Museum is located on Sandy Springs Circle North East. Heritage Sandy Springs is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the historic and cultural identity of the community. The Museum features all types of exhibits and artwork, including a permanent exhibit, "Sandy Springs: Land and People," that shows the story of the community from prehistoric time to the present through artifacts, maps and interpretive displays. The Museum also has two changing exhibit galleries and hold numerous events throughout the year including concerts and other workshops. The facility can be rented for private events, meetings or weddings, and features beautiful terrain, community rooms, and numerous other amenities. Check the main website for reservation details.
Other events here
- Carving a Niche: Modern Talent and Timeless Skills Thu, May 23, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Turtle Tours -- Museum fun for preschoolers January 12, 2013 / February 9, 2013 / March 9, 2013 / April 13, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / August 10, 2013 / September 14, 2013 / October 12, 2013 / November 9, 2013 / December 14, 2013, 11:00 am–11:45 am
- Stories in Wood, Stories in Clay:The legacy of folk Art in North Georgia Thu, Jun 13, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- The Lost Folk Art of Moonshine Making Thu, Jul 18, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Folk Music & Folk Tunes Thu, Aug 8, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm