Shopping, musical shows, famous authors and more in the Sandy Springs area.
- Elegant Elf Marketplace. This Sandy Springs Society fundraiser features more than 40 artisans and vendors in a festive “Winter Wonderland” atmosphere. Chef Hugh Acheson will be autographing his new cookbook from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. The Market runs from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, , 85 Mount Vernon Hwy N.W. $5 at the door.
- Bargainata Consignment Sale. The biggest, best consignment sale in town. Hosted by the National Council of Jewish Women, the sale has men's, women's and children's clothing and shoes, designer brands, formal wear, housewares, linens, small appliances and more! 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday in the Hilderbrand Court Shopping Center, 6125 Roswell Rd NE. Free.
- Kiss Me Kate AND Rent: School Edition. A great weekend for fans of musical. is presenting the classic musical, “Kiss, Me Kate,” combining Shakespeare’s “Taming of the Shrew” with Cole Porter’s music and lyrics. 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday. $5 for students, $10 for adults. is presenting the final weekend of “Rent: School Edition,” a re-working of the popular Broadway musical for young cast members and audiences. 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $15.
- Chris Matthews and Sen. Joe Liebermann at the MJCCA Book Festival. The 20th edition of the Book Festival of the continues with big names this weekend. MSNBC Host Chris Matthews will be speaking at 8 p.m. Saturday night on his book "Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero." After three other authors speak earlier in the day, Sen. Joe Liebermann will cap off Sunday night talking on his book, "The Gift of Rest: Rediscovering the Beauty of the Sabbath." Complete schedule and ticket information.
- Comedian Mitch Fatel. The observational comic Mitch Fatel, seen on the “Late Show with David Letterman” and “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” is at The Punchline, through Sunday. Visit the website for showtimes and ticket prices.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now