Fulton County is providing flu vaccinations at six locations including Sandy Springs and Alpharetta.
Fulton County Health Services encourages everyone to get vaccinated, especially children six months and older. While there are many different flu viruses, the flu vaccine protects against at least the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. This year, some formulations of the vaccine actually protect against four strains, an announcement said.
Residents can get a flu shot or the nasal mist (2 to 49 years) for $25. Visa, Master Card (credit and debit), Medicaid, Cigna, United Health Care and cash are accepted forms of payment. Flu vaccinations are available at the following health centers 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- North Fulton Service Center, 7741 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30350, 404-612-6372
- North Fulton Regional Health Center – 3155 Royal Drive, Alpharetta, GA 30022, 404-332-1876.
- Adamsville Regional Health Center – 3700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr., SW, Atlanta, GA 30331, 404-613-4215
- College Park Regional Health Center -1920 John E. Wesley Ave., College Park, GA 30337, 404-765-4155
- Neighborhood Union Health Center, 186 Sunset Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30314, 404-612-4665
- Center for Health and Rehabilitation – 265 Boulevard., NE, Atlanta, GA 30312, 404-612-5835