Fulton County Cooperative Extension will offer Affordable Care Act information sessions in Sandy Springs, and several locations, to assist residents, small businesses and their employees through the new healthcare marketplace.
Interested parties are encouraged to register for a free information session that will be led by a University of Georgia health navigator assigned to Fulton County. Residents should call 404-332-2400 to register for a session.
The Health Navigator program, housed under UGA Cooperative Extension, is able to help residents decide on the best health insurance to meet their needs and will help them apply—either electronically or by paper—to establish eligibility, enroll in coverage and potentially qualify for an insurance affordability program.
“Cooperative Extension provides unbiased information to help residents learn ways to improve their lives,” stated Menia Chester, Director for Fulton county Cooperative Extension, in an announcement. “The Healthcare Marketplace is just one of the many venues in which we can offer our expertise to help residents through the enrollment process.”
Information sessions at the following locations.
- North Fulton Service Center. 10 a.m.-noon, Oct. 23, in the Cooperative Extension Education Trailer in the lower parking lot, near the community garden. 7741 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs 30350.
- Johns Creek Environmental Center. 6-8 p.m., Oct. 23. 8100 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta 30022.
- Healing Community Center. 10 a.m.-noon, Oct. 24. 2600 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, S.W., Atlanta 30311.
- Camp-Fulton Truitt Educational Center. 6-8 p.m., Oct. 24. 4300 Herschel Road, College Park 30337.
- Atlanta-Fulton Library. 10 a.m.-noon, Oct. 25, in the Cooperative Extension Office. 1 Margaret Mitchell Square, Suite 109, 30303.
The Health Navigator program is being overseen by faculty in the the college and UGA Extension and supported by eight faculty members in the college’s various departments. For more information on the Health Navigator program, including the health insurance marketplaces for individuals and families as well as small business owners, see www.uganavigators.org. For more information about Fulton County Cooperative Extension, call404-332-2400.