No one appeared for the first public hearing on Sandy Springs’ proposed FY 2014 budget during the City Council meeting, Tuesday.
City Manager John McDonough said the budget is balanced at $87.9 million. Below are highlights of plans for funds. Visit the city website to view the proposed budget.
- $13.5 million for City Center phase one implementation
- $1.6 million for long term facility needs
- $1.25 million for the Unified Radio System project investment
- $750,000 for parks
- $5.4 million for transportation infrastructure
- $1.4 million for stormwater investment
- $13.2 million for general contracts for city services
- $24.1 million for personnel relateds salaries and benefits [an earlier version of this story indicated the funds were for benefits only.]
- $26.8 for operations and equipment
- $23.8 for capital improvement programs