Sandy Springs Economic Advisory Committee has been working for several months on an economic plan to secure the city's brand and future.
Chairman Jim Comerford presented a report to Mayor Eva Galambos and City Council members on Tuesday.
The committee's information gathering included a look at the largest employers in Sandy Springs. Their report noted that four Fortune 400 company headquaurters are located in Sandy Springs - UPS, Newell Rubbermaid, First Data and Centene.
By the Numbers: Largest Employers
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta employes 5,422 people
- Northide Hospital employes 4,241
- IBM Corporation employes 2,483
- Saint Joseph's Hospital employes 1,969
- UPS employes 1,879
- Cicso Systems employes 1,708
- ING North American Insurance Corp employes 766
- AT&T Mobility employes 656
- RBS Lynk employes 600
- Cox Enterprises employes 584
- ACS State Healthcare employes 510
- National Account Service Co. employes 480
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc. employes 1,100
- Global Payments employes 410
- Elavon, Inc. employes 400