Art Sandy Springs is about to kick off a 30-day celebration of art, music, theater and food.
The fun starts Friday evening with Bows ArtSS Bash at Motorcars of Georgia. The deadline to RSVP has been extended to Tuesday. The party, which takes place in in the midst of Lamborghinis and Astin Martins, includes food and wine, a musical performance, and a silent auction. 7:30-10:30 p.m. Individual tickets are $65; corporate tickets are $100.
Art Sandy Springs is a non-profit is dedicated to the varied arts in Sandy Springs.
Here’s a snapshot of upcoming Sandy Springs events. Click here for a full schedule.
- Learn to make a spring container composition at . 11 a.m.-noon, Saturday. Free.
- Joe Gransden and his 16-piece big band at . 8:30 and 10 p.m. April 15 and May 7. [And remember you never know who you will see at Cafe 290. Last month stopped in to see Gransden's show.]
- Show Stoppers presented by showcases young performers in a talent show. 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. shows. $10-$25 at Church of the Redeemer. For information visit www.act3productions.org
- Franklin Pond Chamber Music features four members of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Jun-Ching Lin on the violin, Carolyn Hancock on the violin, Paul Murphy on the viola and Daniel Laufer on the cello. 7:30-8:30 p.m., April 22. Free. For information call 404-252-3479, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art in the Park. Children can make flowers from recycled soda cans, paint banners, decorate rain barrels and more at Morgan Falls Overlook Park. 1-4 p.m., April 22. Hosted by Sandy Springs Beautiful, Sandy Springs Conservancy and Leadership Sandy Springs. For ages 5-12. Free. Reservations required. E-mail email@example.com.
- Theatre To Go presents "Schemers." Two one act comedies featuring guys misbehaving. Mischief brews in the first play as the fellows get together for their mahjong game. In the other, a golfer is found dead on the golf course of a prestigious country club. 7:30-8:30 p.m., April 24. Free, but contributions requested Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church. For information call 404-256-3310, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Steel Magnolias" at Act 3 Productions. The acclaimed story is centered on women in a small Louisiana town. April 27-May 6. Visit www.act3productions.org for showtimes. $10-$18.
- . Artists from the Atlanta Jewish community will be featured exhibiting and selling multi-media paintings, pottery, jewelry, fabric art, upscale crafts and Judaic. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., April 29. Free. B'nai Torah Synagogue. For information call 404-257-0537, or visit www.bnaitorah.org
- Ellen Kierr Stein art exhibit and reception with mixed media and contemporary paintings by the artist. 7-8:30 p.m., May 4 at .