Established in 1975 by Jeff Galloway, Phidippides, named for the Greek messenger and first marathoner, was the first store to specialize in running shoes. This Mecca for runners carries shoes, apparel and accessories from the top manufacturers. Customers can join the Phidippides running club to learn about running, join weekly fun runs and events, and receive the monthly newsletter.
- Hours: Mon - Tue, 10am - 7pm; Wed, 10am - 8pm; Thu - Fri, 10am - 7pm; Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1975
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Running shoes, apparel and accessories
- Services: Gift certificates
- Return policy: Full refund on items that haven't been worn outside.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Clothing and accessories brands: Adidas, Asics, Brooks, CW-X, Mizuno, Moving Comfort, New Balance, Nike, Oiselle, Saucony, Skirt, Sporthill, Sportscience, Sugoi, Zensah, 2XU
- Original design / hand-made?: No
- Part of a chain: No
- Tailoring: No
- Shoe brands: Addidas, Nike, Brooks, Saucony
- Shoe shine: No
- How can a customer extend the life of their shoes?: It isn't possible.